Krown Sunset City Surf Longboard Review
|Product Name:||Krown Sunset City Surf Longboard|
|Bearings Rating:||ABEC 7|
|Trucks:||6-inch Aluminum Alloy|
|Shipping Weight:||7.45 pounds|
The Krown Sunset City Surf longboard is a 46-inch pintail shaped longboard which has a Canadian maple deck construction. As its name suggests, this Krown longboard is perfect for city use. This Krown longboard features black 71mm wheels which have a durometer rating of 78 A, 6-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ABEC 7 rated bearings. At 46-inches, this longboard is pretty long and in general, longer boards provide more stability. The Krown Sunset City Surf longboard is a longboard suitable for those of you who want to use this board to cruise around or as a commuter board. This longboard is very similar to the Krown Wood Sunset Complete longboard in terms of its specs.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features that make this Krown longboard stand out.
Key Features of the Krown Sunset City Surf Longboard
- Canadian Maple Construction. The Krown Sunset City Surf longboard features a Canadian maple which provides strength and durability to the board. As this board is does not have a drop through deck mounting configuration, it is not a very flexible board.
- 6-inch Aluminum Alloy Trucks. The Krown Sunset City Surf longboard comes equipped with 6-inch aluminum alloy trucks that have a small turning radius which will allow you to swerve in and out through tight spaces.
- ABEC 7 Rated Bearings. Similar to the Krown Wood Sunset longboard, this longboard has ABEC 7 rated bearings. ABEC 7 bearings are above average in terms of how precise they were manufactured.
- 71mm Diameter Wheels. One of the things that this longboard is different than the Krown Wood Sunset longboard is its wheel diameter. The 71mm diameter wheels that this longboard is equipped with have a durometer rating of 78A which is pretty typical for cruising longboards.
- Decent performing longboard parts for the price that you pay.
- The pintail shaped deck and fairly large wheels allow this board to have a great carving capability.
- Good price point. Similar to the Krown Wood Sunset Complete longboard that we’ve previously reviewed, this longboard is super affordable for those of you who are looking for a beginner board suited for cruising and carving.
- Many people report that the stock wheels that come with the Krown Sunset City Surf longboard are subpar in terms of performance.
- The ABEC 7 rated stock bearings for this longboard are also reported to be below average in terms of quality and performance.
Insider Tips for the Krown Sunset City Surf Longboard
Changing out the wheels bring a significant difference in the terms of how smooth your ride on this longboard will be. As always, the first step is to use a skate tool to loosen the trucks and see if that helps out. Similarly, by changing out the bearings of this longboard with better quality bearings such as the well-known Bones Bearings, you’ll be sure to notice a big improvement in terms of how smooth this longboard rides.
At its price point, this Krown longboard doesn’t have the best longboard parts that come with it, but it is a great beginner board if you’re looking to cruise and carve. The pintail shaped deck and the large wheels that come with this board will allow you to carve with ease. Many individuals have reported a significant improvement in the smoothness of their rides on this longboard when they switch out the stock wheels and/or bearings. All in all, for a longboard that’s cheap and affordable, getting this Krown board is a good starting point for people who are looking to get into longboarding.
If you’re unsure if this Krown longboard is right for you, check out the best longboards that we’ve found for 2016 here.>>BUY This Longboard Now<<